Are you a recent graduate looking to progress your career in architectural journalism and media? If so, we may have the perfect position for you: Architizer is on the hunt for a talented architecture all-rounder to join our content team.
The Editorial Assistant will help Architizer’s editorial team celebrate the world’s best architecture, producing creative content that inspires and informs design professionals around the globe. The ideal candidate is a savvy wordsmith who is self-driven, adaptable, and highly knowledgeable about architecture and design. Previous experience writing for online architectural publications is desirable, but talented new graduates with willingness to learn and grow are also welcome!
Job Type and Timeframe
The Editorial Assistant position is a full-time position for 30 hours per week. It is 100% remote at the present time. The Editorial Assistant is a key member of Architizer’s Content Team, reporting directly to the Editor-In-Chief and working closely with the Managing Editor. The position will include a 3-month introductory / training period, after which the position can be made permanent based on performance.
- Knowledgeable about contemporary architecture with a great eye for striking images.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interest in storytelling across various social media platforms and formats.
- Driven to improve performance via strategic data analysis and constructive feedback.
- Strong photo editing skills and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, diligent, responsible and resourceful.
- Dedicated to operational excellence and eager to implement new processes and technologies.
- Communicative team player with a willingness to pivot tasks in a high-pace environment.
- Confident in delivering clean, concise copy under tight deadlines.
- Spearhead bold social media storytelling initiatives across Architizer’s diverse platforms and via email newsletters.
- Curate Architizer’s Project of the Day and other Featured Projects.
- Field inquiries and press releases from external agencies and architecture firms.
- Write regularly on the latest architecture projects, under the guidance of the Architecture Editor.
- Build relationships with VIP architecture firms to encourage their engagement with the Architizer platform.
- Work with the Content Director and the Architecture Editor to deliver architectural content and initiatives that inspire our community and grow our audience and web traffic over time.
Ideal Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Urban Design, Journalism, or Digital Media.
- 2-3 years experience with digital publishing is desirable, but talented new graduates with the ability to learn and grow are welcome!
- A nuanced understanding of digital media.
- A background in architecture or design media is desirable.
To apply, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “Editorial Assistant Application: [YOUR NAME]”:
- An up-to-date resume (attached as a pdf).
- Cover letter (attached as a pdf). In the cover letter, tell us why you are the right person for this job. Please share relevant experience, insight, and motivation.
- Links to relevant content or writing you’ve created for yourself or other publications.
If your application is shortlisted, you will then be given an editorial test to complete in order to demonstrate your skills.
Architizer is the largest network for high-end residential, commercial and institutional architecture online, with more than 100,000 projects in our database. We’re currently the go-to site for the world’s leading architects and designers to showcase their work and have an aggressive strategy for continued innovation in online services related to the built environment.
We’re a team of thinkers, creatives, technologists, writers, architects and doers. In the spirit of the architecture field, we approach our objectives with equal parts analysis and creativity. We’re involved both online and offline with architecture and design and collaborate regularly with friends at respected cultural organizations both in New York and globally.
Top image: Nantong Urban Agricultural Park Scenery Tower by Z-ONE Tech